So, now comes the time for Michael Thurmond’s evaluation. We’re certain he had it, however, none of us is privy to the details.
However, we would like to post it out there for the people to review. We went back over his ’90 Day Action Plan’ (which, if you remember, was turned in a couple of weeks late), and we found his stated goals to be cleverly unquantifiable.
Here they are:
The document outlines the strategic focus of the DCSD for the next ninety days. The plan includes five major goals and objectives:
- Address AdvanceED/SACS action items and work to achieve unconditional accreditation status;
- Develop and implement a balanced budget for FY 2014;
- Prioritize student academic achievement and career readiness; strengthen parent, adult guardian and mentor involvement;
- Develop and implement a plan that will improve operational efficiency throughout the district;
- Continue to rebuild trust with internal and external district stakeholders.
So, what do you think? How did he do? We’ve decided he’s impossible to evaluate based on these criteria. But then again, getting approval on this vague, over-simplified list of difficult to assess ‘goals’, which is really more of a ‘to-do list’, does make him look so clever as to be brilliant!