RIP Tami and Jess Willadsen

The AJC is reporting that Tami Willadsen, president of The Museum School — a DeKalb County charter school — and her 10-year-old daughter, Jess, were killed in an overnight house fire. Tami’s husband, Dave, suffered minor physical injuries; their 5 year old son, Jack, is being treated at Grady hospital for serious and extensive burns. The fire fully engulfed their home forcing firefighters to fight the fire from outside. In addition to Tami’s and Jess’ deaths and the serious injuries to the young son, the family has lost their home which they just moved into six weeks ago. All of their possessions including furniture, clothing and keepsakes — and their source of income because Dave worked from home — are all gone.

Neighbors have set up an online fundraising effort for Dave and Jack Willadsen and for the neighbors on either side of the Willadsen’s house. Those neighboring houses sustained substantial heat damage. To see how you can help — from donating money to donating needed items to donating other types of assistance — please see gofundme.com.

Words fail us when we consider the depth of this loss to the Willadsen family, to The Museum School, and to the greater community. We are keeping Dave and Jack in our thoughts and prayers. If you can help in any way, please do so. This is a sad, sad day.

Advertisements

About dekalbschoolwatch

Hosting a dialogue among parents, educators and community members focused on improving our schools and providing a quality, equitable education for each of our nearly 100,000 students. ~ "ipsa scientia potestas est" ~ "Knowledge itself is power"
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to RIP Tami and Jess Willadsen

  1. Maya says:

    If someone wants to send a check or money order, please share a way of doing that. May The Lord bless and keep everyone touched by this tragedy. Before we complain about little things, let us change those words to prayer for someone in need.

  2. To see how you can help the Willadsen family — from donating money to donating needed items to donating other types of assistance — please see gofundme.com.

  3. AJC article – “Fatal DeKalb fire brings community to aid of Avondale Estates family”:
    http://www.ajc.com/news/news/breaking-news/dekalb-mother-daughter-killed-house-fire/nfYth/

Comments are closed.