We could be in big trouble in DeKalb. A person who did not bother to campaign or meet his constituents or let District 1 voters know where he stood on critical issues facing DeKalb County garnered enough votes to go into a run-off against Nancy Jester in the DeKalb County Commission District 1 race to replace the disgraced and corrupt Elaine Boyer. In contrast, Nancy has worked diligently, openly and publicly with the people of DeKalb in her bid for this very important post.
Watch the brief clip below where Nancy’s opponent offers an opinion chillingly reminiscent of the Third Reich, but does not answer the question asked of him. [Click here to read the transcript of the clip.]
DeKalb School Watch strongly supports Nancy Jester for District 1 DeKalb County [GA] Commissioner. Here’s why:
• A competent and effective DeKalb County commissioner should understand finance and budgeting. Nancy’s actuarial experience gives her that edge.
• A competent and effective DeKalb County commissioner should have a plan of action in mind that is related to current critical issues in DeKalb County, GA. Nancy has publicly published:
7 Points That Will Guide My Work
I will clean house. We must have a fresh start without any connections to the past. Any staff that worked for the former commissioner will not be a part of my office.
I will set up an online check register on my website so that you can see, in real-time, how money is being spent in the District 1 office.
I will protect the taxpayer by working to reduce the size of county government while improving the delivery of services.
I will speak out about incompetence, waste, and corruption where I see it.
I will improve document disclosure via my website and work for the DeKalb County government to do the same. It is far too difficult for citizens to get current financial information from the county. This must change.
I will hold frequent meetings to hear from you. In addition to meetings, I will be accessible and provide you with information through a variety of channels from my website, to emails, to social media.
I will make decisions that maintain or improve the quality of life for our communities.
• A competent and effective DeKalb County commissioner should actively seek collaboration with the DeKalb County School Board. The decisions and actions of each organization materially affect the other. Yet, for years neither organization has worked cooperatively with the other – to the detriment of DeKalb County as a whole. This must change and we believe Nancy Jester is the person to drive that change.
For more information on Nancy Jester go to her website: http://www.nancyjester.com. Nancy also is accessible through e-mail, email@example.com; cell phone, 678-360-1148; or through the “Contact Nancy” form on her website. Meet Nancy face-to-face at one of these upcoming events:
• Nancy Jester for DeKalb County Commissioner ~ An Evening in Brookhaven
Monday, November 17, 2014
6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
4058 Peachtree Rd NE,
Atlanta, Georgia 30319
• A Reception in Support of Nancy Jester for DeKalb County Commissioner
Wednesday, November 19, 2014
5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
1317 Dunwoody Village Parkway, Suite 102
Dunwoody, GA 30338
• Want to meet Nancy in person? Contact the campaign today to ask Nancy to visit with your neighborhood or group.
As far as we can tell, Nancy’s opponent, Holmes Pyles does not have a public web site or even an e-mail address. His phone number is: 404-406-8490. Also, go to Dunwoody Talk blog for an analysis of the DeKalb County District 1 Commissioner race.
So, do you want your DNA tested or do you want a Commissioner who will be a good steward of the taxpayers money?
VOTE! Please vote on Tuesday, December 2, 2014 at your regular assigned polling place. Or, if you prefer, early voting is available at the 4380 Memorial Drive office Only, Monday – Friday, November 17-26, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. (The office will be closed for Thanksgiving, November 27-28.)