From Nancy Jester’s Facebook Page >>
Just want to say that I saw a ridiculous and completely false story that is being promo’d to run at 11pm about Stan Jester. Here are the facts:
(1) Stan has had a national background check. It was completed in December of last year and the school district knows this. It is published on his website. You can see for yourself that Stan has NO criminal record in Georgia or any other state.. You can view all emails, background checks, etc. at this link:
(2) The DeKalb County Police Chief wrote a memo describing how when doing Stan’s background check they contacted the GBI to make sure they were doing the proper check. Further in the memo, the police chief describes how background checks query the National Fingerprint File (NFF). He further describes how if Stan had a record in another state, his report would have indicated that criminal information was available.
(3) Stan is the only Board member who has made his national background check available for the public to see.
(4) There is NO requirement in law or policy that requires Stan, or any board member, to submit to a background check by the school district or at all. Stan has gone above and beyond in the spirit of transparency and cooperation.
(5) Stan had the national background check officially disseminated pursuant to law from the DCPD to the school district.
(6) Because the school system has continued to refuse Stan access to his office, county email, official BOE calendar, online documents, denied him his legal compensation, and refused to register him for state mandated board training, he retained counsel.
(7) It is interesting that now, the school district is once again using the media in an attempt to embarrass and discredit Stan. The narrative that they are perpetuating is a pure falsehood They should be ashamed of themselves. They have been presented with a demand to remedy their illegal treatment of Stan. I do hope that they do so.”